- VFD is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for Coastal Spatial Planning and Mangroves Governance in Red River Delta. This activity will be supporting the development of a participatory coastal spatial planning process as well as mangroves co-management approach as part of moving the new coastal forests decree 119 into practice. The aim of the activity is strengthen the governance institutions and capacity of multiple stakeholders in order to secure the long-term goal of sustaining coastal mangrove forests in the context of climate change. The work will focus on three coastal communes in Tien Lang district of Haiphong municipality.
- The Administrative Assistant will form part of the core team, providing support to the Activity Manager as well as Participatory Mapping and GIS Specialist and to international consultants and team members who come for short-term assignments. The Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of complex and routine administrative functions related to financial management, personnel, event management, and general administration for a small team. The assistant will work under the immediate supervision and guidance of the Activity Manager. This position is located in VFD’s Hanoi office although most activities will take place in the field in Tien Lang district, Haiphong municipality. Some travel to the field will be necessary for short periods of time.
- Carry out and ensure proper functioning of financial management.
- Carry out administration related to personnel management.
- Provide support in preparing and distributing external correspondence, updates as well as quarterly reports related to project administration.
- Provide translation support for international team members and consultants who may come on short-term assignments.
- Assist with the coordination and logistics for meetings, events, workshops and field visits, including helping to arrange venue, interpreters, supplies, lodging, meals, and transport as needed.
- Working with other members of the team, prepare materials for activities, including arranging printing where needed.
- Maintain office contacts list and partners list.
- Maintain travel schedule, obtain travel authorizations, and assist with necessary preparations for visiting consultants.
- Assist with procurement of office supplies and services including helping develop requests for quotations and reviewing quotes from vendors.
- Help maintain paper and electronic files.
- Take office meeting minutes and disseminate after approval.
- Ensure good order of office, and greet office visitors and notify relevant staff to their presence.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Activity Manager.
- The Administrative Assistant works under direct supervision of the Activity Manager.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or other related field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in administrative role.
- Excellent Vietnamese and English written and oral skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work flexibly in teams.
- Proficiency in computer applications and a working knowledge of the internet and email
- Careful, organized and flexible.
- Willingness to travel nationally.
- Demonstrated good organizational skills and ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to apply
- Please send your CV and cover letter (in English)
- Title: Winrock International_ Position_Candidate’s full name