- Assist the reservations manager to motivate the team skillful at up-selling and/or conversion as required by the business demand. Participates in staff recruitment, organizes on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, performance in order to ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to service standards.
- Maintains good working relations with other departments, particularly Front Office and keeps close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Assist the reservations manager to ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in the Opera system for ease of reservations by companies worldwide.
- Checks regularly and disseminates information on market situation including; weekly check and report on booking trend in the market through exchanges with competitors, test calls and reports on seasonal rates book-able at competitor hotels, etc.
- Assist the reservations manager to supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents’ commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- To keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.).
- To update customers with the latest development of the hotel by means of Web-site and some other available distribution channels.
- To keep reservations staff informed on all changes or developments within the hotel and the company.
- To spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Training, developing, and motivating staff to increase productivity.
- To monitor group bookings and work closely with group department in order to achieve budgeted figures.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Have a full working knowledge and ability to supervise, train, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks, in assigned place of work, accordingly to the standards as set.
- Train employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Essential And Optional Requirements
- Certificate or Degree in Business Administration school or Hotel Management school
- Sales/ Reservation work experience at the similar style of hotel
- Good understanding of the market trend in term of hotel business
- Excellence in presentation, prospecting, negotiation and interpersonal skill
- Communication skills: Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint and Opera System
- Languages: fluent in Vietnamese and English language (Both spoken and written)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Management Professional experiences 1 to 2 years Languages essential Vietnamese (Primary tongue)
- English (Working level)