Overall purpose of job
- A highly visible supply chain role that will oversee Demand/Supply Planning (forecasting and inventory) requirements process for ASP/Lifescan. This is a hands-on position responsible for developing and executing Demand Plan and inventory plans that will enable to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, marketing, and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
- Master Data Management MMDO for Consumer & Medical Devices sector.
Essential duties and responsibilities
End to End Planning
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually tier 1 account POS and inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Marketing Managers, reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Ownership for the on-time-in-fill delivery of customer orders and perform root cause analysis of failures.
- Work effectively with Regional SC team to manage all purchases orders of FGs
- Maintains the standard operating procedures for inventory management process
- Manage shelf life items and product sales to minimize scrap and aging stock
- Analyze historical sales trend, minimize forecast variances and develop statistical forecast models and strategies to improve regional forecasting processes using the demand planning too. To determine safety stock levels and reordering
- Review and optimize stock levels by maintaining appropriate inventory parameters (lot size and safety stocks) in demand planning tool to manage stock replenishment
- Work closely with various departments to identify and recommend improvements for any stock issue
- Follow up and monitor closely on incoming shipments for new launches and regular products and keep various departments updated
- Work with key stakeholders in cross functional projects (e.g. Work with Sales & Marketing team on product phase in/phase out plan, etc.)
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in master data management and data governance operations;
- Ensure data quality and data accuracy across all group delivery initiatives;
- Develop key documentation, user guides, and other necessary training materials;
- Provide Master Data Management (MDM), process leadership globally to ensure all regions are following the global process and achieving data quality metrics through regular meetings;
- Support the technology, tools, resources and processes required to create / maintain consistent and accurate master data throughout the global organization.
- Cost Set-up and Maintenance. SKU set-up prep, annual PIR update, and maintenance of material master
- Edit Reports: run all edit reports in terms of extraction, reporting & submission as SOP
Essential knowledge and skills
- Minimum Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Project leader & Management
- Ability to deal with uncertainties and multi-task
- ERP system (is. SAP)
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills/Good analytical skills
- Problem solving & decision making with internal and external customers
- Good English writing & speaking
- Proficiency in MS Excel/PPT
Core competencies required for this role
- In depth knowledge of supply planning/inventory management
- At least 3-5 years of experience in supply chain management in Life science/Medical industries
- Strong negotiation skills / experience in dealing with distributors
- Leadership roles with a diverse group will be an added advantage
- Prior experience handing high number of SKUs preferred.
- CPIM (APICs) is preferable.