- Support the execution of brand deployment plans and consumer engagement activities to ensure that Brand objectives are achieved.
- Adhere to the Global Brand Governance matrix, seeking appropriate governance and oversight in line with the Brands global portfolio positioning
- Support the definition of brand vision, strategy, positioning and marketing mix including pack and product specification and communications, in line with Brand strategies.
- Analyse market research data in order to understand Brand issues and market opportunities
- Compile and prepare documents for Brand projects and brand performance are on time in full.
- Track and monitor brand implementation, performance from both internal & external available resources to ensure agreed brand activities are effectively executed and brand issues to be fully captured.
- Monitor and report Brand Support Expenditure (BSE) to ensure it does not exceed budget defined in operational Brand plan.
- Handle communication between Brand Marketing and other inter-departmental functions to ensure the cycle plan is effectively executed and Brand programs are effectively implemented in the field force.
- Monitor external agencies to ensure day-to-day activities related to Brand programs are performed with required quality and agreed cost & timescales as defined in operational Brand plan.
- Self-development by developing understanding & appreciation of the brand strategies among the Trade Marketing & Distribution (TM&D) team through sharing & feedback session.
- Participate in the origination, evaluation and implementation of new, innovative ideas.
- University graduate with solid academic results, preferably in business management
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts (Brand Communication, Promotion & Distribution)
- Minimum 2-3 year experience in Brand Marketing in a sizeable FMCG company (preferable an MNC)
- Cross-functional experience of Sales & Trade Marketing operations is an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate an interest and awareness of product development, trade and consumer insights, copy strategy and BTL communication.
- Ability to think /operate strategically, focus and drive for result
- Influencing skill, particularly in dealing with senior management team
- Effective communication & negotiation skills.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Competent spoken and written English.
Key Success Factors
- Brand activity executed in efficient and effective way
- Brand budget effectively monitored and reported
- Brand performance reported analysed in clear, concise manner with focus on required actions.
- Brand Marketing Team
- TM&D including Channel, Business Development & Field based managers
- SP&I Team
- Marketing Finance Managers
- Product Development Team
- Other BAT Demand Planning Teams
- Market/customers visits are important in gaining an insight into brand performance