The Business Development Manager (BDM) has accountabilities in 3 main areas, namely Existing Customer Development, New Customer Development, and execution of clear OneDamco blueprint ‘ways of working’…
- Premier Sales Existing Customer development
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘Through The Till’ CM1 for the assigned Existing Premier Customer portfolio, through the sale of Damco standard products and focus on selected trade lanes, and effective Book of Business management.
- Accountable for supporting the resolution of CSO reported Premier Sales customer issues, including interventions with customers to resolve escalated issues, DSO resolutions and also ensuring commitments to volumes are met (with proactive interventions in the event of deviation from agreements, and renegotiations thereafter, where necessary)
- Accountable for ensuring that contracts / agreements for all customers within the Premier portfolio comply with OneDamco blueprint guidelines, are comprehensive documented, maintained and appropriately communicated to all relevant Damco and external parties.
- Premier Sales New Business Generation (should be possible to combine 1+2
- Accountable for delivery of the Actual ‘through the till’ CM1 with a clear focus on OneDamco standard products and predefined trade lanes.
- Accountable for the pursuit of identified potential customers, through adoption of OneDamco commercial blueprint ‘ways of working, thus creating a differentiating customer experience.
- Accountable for the “UpSelling” process within the geographic territory, whereby ‘Non Controlled’ shippers and network derived sales leads are comprehensively pursued, as per OneDamco blueprint guidelines
- Premier Sales ‘Ways of Working’
- Accountable for ensuring that OneDamco blueprint processes, guidelines, tools and procedures are adopted without exception.
- Accountable for ensuring that the PSA CRM Open sales pipeline is sufficiently robust to ensure delivery of required Actual ‘Through The Till’ CM1 targets, whilst simultaneously ensuring an adequately strong platform for delivering result performance in the coming financial result period.
- Accountable for ensuring that periodically introduced sales campaigns to drive focused development of the Premier Sales portfolio is execute within your geographical scope.
- 2 years + in a customer facing sales role, ideally within the logistics industry
- A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions and terminology, in the local market
- Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts.
- Proven track record in a matrix, multi cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
- Developed communication, persuasiveness, influencing andnegotiation skills
- Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
- Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
- Self Motivated and performance driven
- Fluency in English and local language (where different)
- Korean Speaking is preferable
- A chance to explore your opportunities in one of the world’s fastest growing logistics company. In Damco, we strive to create value for our customers through our global reach and local knowledge. We put our customers first, understand their business, and develop solutions to meet their unique needs by proactively driving improvements and collaborations with our customers.
- The means of developing yourself into a well-rounded professional and the scale and global scope it takes for you to achieve even your most ambitious career goals.
- A great career path, both for generalists and for specialists in a wide array of fields