In charge of categories’ performance in terms of assortment, pricing, display, other incomes in order to maximize sales and profit.
- Category Management
- Periodically prepare sales reports with analysis of category performance, identify trends, and recommend actions.
- Prepare sales forecasts.
- Conduct market intelligence (competitions tracking) in terms of price, assortment, displays and promotions.
- Process requisitions by verifying bids, costs, documentation and authorization.
- Project and measure category sales and gross profit results by developing and maintaining records of item cost, retail and gross margin dollars.
- Based on analysis, review the product assortment, recommend changes and modify the competitive product range to meet customers’ needs.
- Execution Follow Up
- Coordinate with suppliers, DC and stores to ensure full stocks.
- Promotion planning and execution follow up.
- Co-operate with accounting team to follow up credit-related matters; with Operations team to update the nearly expired products and propose solutions.
- Follow up the on-time execution of new store opening checklist based on the opening schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in category management, merchandising, marketing or related field. Retail knowledge is an advantage.
- Good command of English.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Quick learning and can-do attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Be able to work independently and teamwork, possess a high level of responsibility and commitment.