- Managing/strengthening business and relationship with distributor
- Monitoring sales & distributor performance.
- Conduct Monthly Distributor Business Review per the CPVN designed template. Conducting negotiation to distributor and key retailers as necessary.
- Lead, train and take ownership of ensuring the DSP’s fully comply with CP guidelines of covering the market, distributing and selling Must Sell SKU’s with the right frequency.
- Managing, supervising, coaching, performance monitoring and evaluation to DSP.
- Ensure proper billing of POPs through DMS.
- Ensure tracking of right assortment and stock weight by RE.
- Implement and maintain in-store tactic
- Ensure compliance to 3Ps (Product Assortment/ Placement/ POP)
- Ensure that all visibilities are planned (right store, right location and agreement on prescribed terms) are booked
- Ensure efficient implementation of various visibilities inside stores through compliance to T&C
- Prevent dislocation and damage of the POPs and ensure that they are well maintained
- Ensure POPs are implemented by RE
- Drive merchandizing and display visibility at store by implementing TB Box, CIRS, SAP as target and submit store display picture to office monthly.
Developing and training
- Train and develop salesmen through required mode of training (e.g. new products, toothbrush assortment etc.)
- Develop monthly Work Plan to ensure full market coverage and the appropriate level of on the job coaching for DSP’s
- Ensure 100% integrity and compliance to Colgate’s Commercial Selling Principles and Code of Conduct
- Acknowledge any issues faced by salesmen in the field and provide support to resolve it
- Ensures that all Merchandisers are trained well to perform their job
- POP execution
- Planogram management
- Follow FIFO
Data Integrity and Data Management
- Ensure data accuracy in DMS system
- Ensure handheld use by DSPs of distributor participating in handheld program
- Utilize data to drive overall business performance
Conduct effective monthly and weekly salesmen meetings
Compile reports and information as per requirements communicated by AM
- Secure and draw insights from any competitive information available in the market regarding:
- New products
- Any other developments
- Maintains competitive market information gathering that are aligned with ICPE principles and feedback to commercial team
- Maintain trust and understanding in working with Distributor and key wholesalers to drive business
- Share success stories
- Communicate program to build off-takes
- Mutually work towards category growth
- Resolve issues, etc.
- Essential: 2 years of experience in FMCG Companies (similar role and similar market environment) or confirmation as a CDS after meeting performance expectations as a CD Trainee
- Desirable: 3 years of experience in FMCG Companies (similar role and similar market environment) or confirmation as a CDS after exceeding performance expectations as a CD Trainee
Professional Qualifications & Training
- Essential: Undergraduate in Business Administration
- Desirable: Under or Post graduate in Business Administration (Sales & Marketing specialization)
Generic Competencies (Use the Personal Leadership Competency framework as a base document, you may add other skills specific to the job)
- Essential: Planning and priority setting, negotiation, effective execution and analysis, developing and coaching and decision making
- Desirable: Teamwork, relationship building and leading change
Functional Competencies (Use Functional & Technical competencies guide as a base document, you may add other skills specific to the job)
- Essential: Understanding our environment, customer influence and negotiation, customer or service provider collaboration
- Desirable: Supply chain perspective, integrated commercial planning, in store execution and financial proficiency
Career Development positions
- Area Manager
- CD Executive
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV.