- Participate in the Due Diligence sign off process, through completion of the Quarterly Due Diligence checklist and participate in the quarterly due diligence conversation with the BU Regional Control team.
- Lead in the establishing, maintenance and monitoring of effective and efficient financial controls within Vietnam Lubes by
- Ensure documented processes are updated to reflect changes in the business or control environment
- Ensure that the correct monitoring controls are in place, and that these are performed on a timely basis;
- Through this process recommend areas to improve controls and lead the implementation of these improved control processes; and
- Standardize or automate control processes where possible.
- Ensure that other business and functions are aware of the Minimum Control expectations, and that these are being applied.
- Leading Internal Control “workshops” to enhance Lubes team internal control awareness, document the control processes, identifying controls points, objectives to deliver those controls and key controls to ensure the control objectives are met;
- Maintaining the Delegations of Authority and ensuring compliance, follow through on the Control Breaks
- Development and ongoing review with Sales and Marketing of Controls for Sales rebates; Advertising and Promotion programs, Distributor Development programs, DSR incentive, sales incentive and hand-out processes to ensure that these are effective and appropriate given their sensitivity, materiality and frequency.
- Ensure the country RIT is up to date and the monitoring actions are followed through.
- Carry independent review to give assurance that control processes are being adhered to e.g purchasing processes, sales rebate processes etc…
- Manage the development, implementation and monitoring of robust and effective control of the company’s secondary-sales systems
- Other tasks as advised by the Country Finance Manager
A university degree in Accounting and or professional accounting qualification. e.g. CPA, ACCA
Essential experience and job requirements
- At least 5-years relevant experience with 2 – 3-years working experience in managing an accounting team.
- A sound knowledge of global and local financial accounting (VAS, IFRS) is a must.
- Strong Computer skills – Excel, Power Point
- High proficiency in English and Vietnamese
- Good understanding on how BP’s Financial Control & Accounting processes and systems operate (JDE, ECCS, FBW), including the key interfaces with other Corporate & Functions departments and with third party providers.
- Excellent engagement and interpersonal, communication skills in both English and Vietnamese
- Able to form relationships with people at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds and cultures is essential for this role, since this incumbent will need to establish effective relationships across the BP Finance team, and the Business to help deliver on the objectives
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Relocation is not supported.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Performance Bias – Mastery
- Business Awareness – Skillful Application
- Leading People – Skillful Application
- Partnership and Teamwork – Skillful Application
- Wise Decisions – Mastery
- Innovation – Skillful Application
Finance Technical & Professional competencies
- Understanding Accounts – Mastery
- Internal Control – Skillful Application
- External Regulations – Skillful Application
- External Reporting – Skillful Application
- Managing internal relationships and building partnerships – Skillful Application
- Applying processes and mastering systems – Skillful Application