About Mizuiku Project
Mizuiku project is a program of water saving education for primary students in Vietnam funded by Suntory Japan. The project’s objectives aim to
- Increase awareness and capacity of students, teachers on water and conservation
- Promote actions and strong readiness to protect and preserve water resources
- Raise awareness of the important of hygienic water and its importance to the health risks in the future
- Enhance safe water sanitation facilities for selected schools. The project’s duration is 01 year and will be considered to be extended.
Under instructions and directions of Project Manager, the job holder will responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinate with partners/NGO to develop teaching materials and teaching tool kits
- To work with Department of Education and Training at project site to get approval and licenses for teaching material content and teaching agenda.
- To coordinate with partners/NGO to execute the teaching sections in classes , organize outdoor trips and other interactive activities.
- To work with construction suppliers (third party) for setting up facilities: drilled well, water filtering system, waste water system, basin washing system..etc at selected schools
- Budget management: Track, monitor, & follow up the utilization of PR budget
- Handling all administration tasks to ensure the smooth operations of the project
- Monthly project reports
- Working Duration: from 7 months to 12 months and the position will be considered to be renewed in the 2rd quarter of the year
- Vietnamese with degree, or equivalent experience in education, consultancy, project management or related field.
- Strong command of report and proposal writing in English (will be an advantage).
- Reasonable networking and diplomacy skills.
- Sound project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Sound understanding on environment education and climate change adaptation
- Strong knowledge in computer applications including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Team builder committed to the transfer of knowledge.
- Willing to travel extensively and cover difficult assignments
- Requires ability to adjust to harsh living conditions.
- A minimum of 02 year experiences in project management and consultancy. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.