Negotiating product cost in support of brand product margins requirements.
- Execute standard costing processes of defined product ranges or brands such as completing and verifying cost break down sheets and any related information (multiple rounds) , tooling amortization tracking and settlement, Minimum Order Quantity Tracking for Materials etc. (50%)
- Lead the product specific negotiation with T1/T2 suppliers for process cost such as HF, Heat Emboss, Welting, Embroidery, Printing, Painting, yield interlocking, loss allowance etc. (20%)
- Support the (Assistant) Costing Manager in collecting relevant data/information for selected products/ranges or categories for projects as well as participating as project member in projects. (10%)
- Maintain and update the product development creation systems as well as costing relevant systems according to product development calendars. (10%)
- Coaches and trains costing staff and factory costing (if needed) in all aspects of costing procedures and processes. (5%)
- Responsible for Ledger Claim verification for defined range of products for e.g. order cancellations, dropped models, tooling settlements, development surcharges, etc. (5%)
- Collaborate closely with Development, Materials and other key functions within the LO and respective factories to ensure that products are developed to cost targets.
- Ensures business relationships between adidas and the assigned factory(ies) and suppliers are maintained at the highest level of trust and integrity.
- Internal customer: HQ both brands adidas and Reebok costing and product teams. LO operation teams and other departments. Ensure collaborative partnerships are maintained at highest level to achieve adidas’s overall objective.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong price negotiation skills.
- Good sense of integrity.
- Some technical experience and knowledge of product construction and manufacturing methods (product development or costing experience).
- IT-skills (e-mail, MS Office, Excel, Access a benefit).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in a global business setting.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University/ Diploma or degree from educational entity focusing on economics / engineering
- Two years of relevant working experience
- Experience in Footwear or Apparel industry is a plus