- The majority of the Centre’s courses run for 20 hours a week for 10 weeks, Monday to Friday. Evening and weekend work may also be required. Teachers are paid on the basis of actual in-class teaching hours. The hourly rate takes into account the expectation that Educators will complete 45 minutes of preparation, marking or course related administration for every hour of lesson delivery (this may be done on or off site).
- To be considered for this position, candidates must satisfy the following mandatory requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years of cumulative experience in a similar role (this must be formally documented, through statements of services or similar)
- A recognised international qualification in teaching English as a foreign/second/further language (such as CELTA or equivalent course)
- All English Language Educators must be at ‘native speaker’ level of English language proficiency, proven by showing successful completion of secondary education to a level qualifying to enter university study while being instructed through the medium of English; or have completed IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 8.5, and with no band less than 8.0 within the past 24 months; or equivalent.
- Competitive rates of pay, from $27.50 – $35.00 USD per teaching hour (dependent on qualifications and experience), up to 25 teaching hours per week
PTI health insurance for employees
- Support with Visa, Work Permit, and Residence Card processes (and reimbursement for reasonable costs)
- Excellent academic guidance and supportive team structures
World class teaching facilities and resources
Professional development and mentoring from the Senior Educators
RMIT Vietnam offers you an opportunity to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with talented, creative and committed colleagues.