- The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the FUV Project Office. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates university outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects.
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication in Vietnamese and English, research and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- This position represents the FUV office in a discreet, professional manner at all times to staff, board members, elected leaders, the press, the general public, and others.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Directors.
- Manages an accurate calendar of meetings and other commitments for the Directors; coordinates with the office assistant to prepare detailed meeting schedule, appointments, travel itineraries/logistics.
- Provides administrative support on complex or confidential matters including meeting materials, agendas, advances, expense reports, meeting minutes, etc.
- Provides research support on various university initiatives relating to the cultivation of prospective students and parents, faculty and staff.
- Provide research support on curriculum design initiatives.
- Provides research, organizational support on university administrative filing, official papers and correspondence.
- Manage the office’s database and other records efficiently and accurately.
- Other research functions as assigned.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Coordinates with the communication team and ensures that the University’s information is up to date; responds to requests for materials regarding FUV in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with various project teams in coordinating the Directors outreach activities.
- Follows up on contacts made by the President and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in English required.
- At least five years of experience in providing administrative support, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, in Vietnamese and English.
- Superb research and production skills in relation to speed and accuracy; strong technical/computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, cloud-base applications, and social media platforms.
- Very strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Creative and forward-looking thinker.