- Integrating activities across organisational boundaries and disciplines to meet the needs of students, staff, the University and relevant industries, through tailored academic programs or outcome-related research;
- Providing academic leadership within the University, in her/his discipline/professional field, in respect of teaching and learning, research, involvement with relevant professional groups, and community service;
- Ensuring a consistent level of academic leadership is delivered across all programs and disciplines under their management;
- Contributing to the strategic direction setting of the Centre by working collaboratively with other relevant members of the Centre executive;
- Planning and developing programs and commercial activities and ensuring the viability of the Department’s activity.
- The Head of Department will also fulfil the requirements of an Associate Professor or Professor, in accordance with the Academic Expectations framework.
- In accordance with our Academic Expectations Framework, all Academic employees must hold a relevant PhD to be appointed.
- Your appointment, title, and salary will depend on your skills, level of experience, and research contributions.
- Appointment and promotion processes align with RMIT University globally.
- To meet Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements, all non-Vietnamese academic candidates must have at least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.