Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We’re a company ready for change and that’s who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that’s why we hire individuals. So we’re speaking the same language.
An Awesome Situation is Developing
Architects don’t build buildings. And Designers don’t build products. You do. The Development crew. It’s all dreams and drawings without you. Getting things made takes time and manpower and testing and understanding. Deconstruction and reconstruction. It takes people capable of looking into the guts of the situation and saying: Yeah, we can do that. It’s called Know-How. If you’ve got it, check us out.
- Collect industrial engineering data in order to establish baseline metrics for current Factory Partner facilities.
- Analyze baseline information to determine opportunities for optimization activities and communicate with the larger project team.
- Estimate the impacts of process improvement/automation projects (in terms of labor, capacity, material utilization, and other relevant metrics) Communicate them throughout project life cycle with internal/external stakeholders.
- Coordinate process automation projects and track status
- Coaching and mentoring for factory IE teams on std work, IE data collection, and some other IE/Lean/management science knowledges
- Inspire factory partners on continuous improvement initiatives, and initiate projects to increase productivity or reduce cost/unit.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of Industrial Engineering functional or relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Industrial Engineering techniques, such as: Time / Motion Studies, PMTS, Line Balancing, Line/Equipment Utilization, line layout designing, OEE/TPM
- Knowledge/experience on VSM, DOE, SPC, or Operational Excellence/Lean would be a plus
- Job experience in an automated/semi-automated manufacturing environment (e.g.): Automotive, Electronical, Electrical industries) is preferred
- Strong motivational and leadership qualities demonstrated in a product creation/manufacturing environment
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.