Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Global Sourcing and Manufacturing teams create a complex and exciting mix of products including baseball bats, sunglasses, apparel, footwear, technical components like airbags and more. This world-class team constantly challenges the assumptions about how Nike’s products are made. They operate in a complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains, focused on products, materials, sustainability, methods of manufacturing and diverse ecosystems. They work closely with Nike’s Design teams, Categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They develop new methods to make sustainable, better-performing products faster and more efficiently. The job opportunities span sourcing and planning, engineering, quality assurance, sustainable manufacturing, materials, business development, leadership and management, as well as positions at Nike’s In-House Manufacturing (IHM), a subsidiary of NIKE, Inc.
- Assisting Nike and Manufacturing Partner teams in creating new knitted products for a variety of applications.
- Follow leads by product designers and developers while integrating ideas through Knitting Technology in a team environment.
- Optimize a program regarding performance, efficiency and reliability.
- Assist the team to evaluate and execute new yarns and fabrics to meet the performance needs of products.
- Act as a key member of the team, helping to develop and manufacture new products and materials.
- Assist with grading and assembly of the product and make small test runs as well as get involved in production runs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related field is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operation and programming of flat knitting machines; any additional experience in industrial programming related to knitting, weaving and/or other textile related fields, is a plus
- Experience developing knitted fabrics on a Flat Knitting machine
- Experience in pattern design and shape implementation for technical knitting applications
- Must be trained on the computerized programming of system for Flat Knitting machines
- M1 plus and or Apex 3 Knowledge is required
- Must understand fully fashioned knitting
- Understanding of the grading process of a full fashioned program
- Understanding of the full footwear assembly process is a plus
- Must be fluent in English with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Project management experience desired
- Ability to travel up to 10%
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.