- Translating and/or editing the site user interface, support, legal and marketing materials.
- Supervising vendor translators to ensure the quality of the translation they delivery is as expected.
- Maintaining the localization glossaries and style guides, keeping them up to date and audience appropriate.
- Working closely with the in-country teams to deliver market appropriate translation.
- Collaborating with engineering and product teams to ensure that language requirements from technical and linguistic perspectives are understood and supported.
- Monitoring and managing the activity of our community of volunteer translators.
- 100% native fluency in Vietnamese and near-native fluency in English.
- 3+ years of experience in English-to-Vietnamese translation and localization
- Familiarity with the Vietnamese culture and trends.
- BA or equivalent required (in a translation, linguistic, or related field).
- Experience in the online and mobile space.
- Experience in localization project management.
- Familiarity with the Facebook Translations application as well as other computer-aided translation tools
- Knowledge of additional languages (other than native and English)
- Master of Arts or equivalent
- Cross-functional experience working with engineers and product teams.