In this role you will be responsible for managing the quality of the Vietnamese version of the Booking.com products (website, apps, newsletter etc.). Besides being passionate about language and translations, as a Language Specialist you have a strong quality focus which helps you to maintain and continuously improve the quality of our products. You take action accordingly in order to provide our customers with a product at the highest standard of quality.
- Create localized content for the Vietnam market;
- Provide translations from English into Vietnamese for website copy, app copy and promotional materials, including newsletters, to appeal to the Vietnam market;
- Maintain the quality of the Vietnamese version of Booking.com, including conducting product checks and maintaining language specific tools, such as glossaries and style guides;
- Assist with localization projects in cooperation with other language teams and departments, such as language-based research and data collection and analysis designed to optimize the effectiveness of the website and the service offered to Vietnamese customers;
- Freelance management and support, such as evaluating the quality of translations for candidates, quality monitoring of the freelance translations, providing freelancers with consistent feedback.
- Higher education in a relevant field;
- Native level Vietnamese, accompanied with excellent knowledge of English;
- Experience in translating and/or writing texts;
- Experience in producing localized website content;
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with computer assisted translations tools;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task;
- Pro-active and initiative both independently and in a team;
- Positive attitude;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry.
- You live in Ho Chi Minh and do not require a work visa to work in Vietnam.
Instructions for the application process
- Please submit your CV and cover letter, as well as respond to the questions in the application form in English.
- As part of the application process, we would like to ask you to complete an online test via Harver. Please make sure to respond to the translations questions in the test in Vietnamese.
Kindly note that translations must be in Vietnamese. Tests written without tones will not be qualified for evaluation.