- Perform transit inspection and daily inspection of company aircraft.
- Perform rectification of airframe, engines, avionics and cabin systems defects on company and third party customer aircraft.
- Issue Certificate of Release to Service for the aircraft to continue to operate.
- Perform troubleshooting on recurring defects to assist Head office engineering to rectify these defects at main base.
- Supervise contracted mechanics in the performance of their tasks.
- Ensure all safety guidelines and procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform data entry for all work done on company aircraft during shift.
- Assist in the periodic training/assessment of Mechanics as company requirement.
- Perform maintenance and update of technical library, tooling and special equipment.
- Perform requisitions of replacement aircraft spares, inspect incoming spares, pack and ship used spares, dispatch used spares to Head office, and complete all documentation associated with the usage of and replenishment of aircraft spares and materials.
- Perform relief engineer duties at other stations when required.
- Shift duties required at nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Flexible shift hours required to accommodate Operation requirements and schedules.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Seniority Level: Entry level
- Must hold basic license HKAR 66 B1.1 or equivalent foreign license EASA Part 66, US FAA Airframe and Power-plant.
- Must have type endorsements or hold approvals on B747-400 and/or B747-800 Other desirable approvals are Airbus A321, A330.
- Must have the right to live and work in Vietnam.
- Superior independent work capabilities.
- Ability to handle extremely stressful situations.
- Good knowledge of PC and ability in working with different computer systems.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Effective supervisory skills in directing staff to achieve departmental goals.
- Effective analysis, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.