- Play a lead role in the development of company marketing strategies and plans through:
- Developing industry forecasts and competitive business scenarios.
- Developing of meaningful and actionable consumer and customer segments.
- Continuously analyse and interpret marketing information in order to identify and recommend new business opportunities to the Management Team.
- Ensure that key company performance indicators are defined, effectively analysed and regularly reported to the Senior Company Management Team.
- Lead consumer centric approach by providing meaningful consumer insights and embed consumer centric culture within the organisation .
- Coach, motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of direct reports constantly to ensure that they acquire the necessary competencies to function effectively, are developed to their fullest potential and continuously strive for higher performance.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback for improvements among direct reports. Where necessary, drive actions to develop direct reports and prepare them to assume a Manage Others role.
- Ensure that all relevant marketing information is available to meet company business needs and that this is effectively communicated to the Management Team.
- Drive organisation to more consumer centric and insights led approach.
- Ensure the implementation of all SP&I Common Platforms and Best Practices within the company.
- Ensure the effective management of external suppliers to ensure the highest level of quality and cost efficiency.
- Ensure resources are allocated to consumer centric projects.
- Ensure effective relations within the SP&I team and cross functional networking to develop effective and integrated insights.
- Ensure effective cross category networking to support assessing smokers holistically as consumers.
- Lead the development of tools and enablers for marketing, specifically on information collection platforms, systems and methodologies.
Ideally, not less than four years’ experience in tobacco or a similar FMCG category
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Brand and trade strategy development
- Oracle methodologies/ MR&I common platforms and best practices
- Forecasting techniques
- Competitor analysis
- Research management and design
- Consumer and customer engagement
- Marketing Planning processes
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Motivating, coaching and developing people
- Ability to solve conflicts among areas/ functions
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external suppliers
- Effective communication, presentation and facilitation
- Negotiation and influencing
- Ability to influence planning process
- Project management
Key Success Factors
- The most important metrics by which successful performance will be judged are:
- Integrity of formulation and execution of the marketing strategy across functions.
- Completion and accuracy of information available in knowledge system as measured by other areas.
- A consumer centric culture is embedded within the organisation.
- Develop close relationship with Management Team, Brand and Trade teams in the Region/End Market in order to align both strategies, strategic and operational plans with consumer segment priorities and objectives.
- Provide research support to other areas of the business such as CORA (stakeholder segmentation), HR and Operations, particularly on Global initiatives.
- Work with CORA, Head of Trade, Head of Brand and Head of Marketing to set an appropriate strategy for engaging and influencing regulators on issues related to Tobacco.
- Effective networking with SP&I community to ensure learnings from other End Markets are captured and fed into local knowledge.
- Build and supervise working relationships with market research Agencies.
- Work with communication Agencies to support brand and trade strategy development and execution.
- Liaise with external Agencies to ensure cross category knowledge is built.
- Supervise relationship with information suppliers ensuring quality of data.
- Work with software application developers to ensure highest quality of systems.