Overview of job
Media Executive in media planning. The role will know how to do the competitive analysis, develop Concept Media Plan detailing media mix, weights, flighting and budget allocation. All needs to be underpinned by strong account management skills, client servicing ability and passion to be part of one of the best agencies and teams!
Reporting of the role: This role reports to the Senior Media Planner.
- Be able to independently handle client (receive brief from client, debrief and corporate with internal teams, develop proposal and present it with client, be in charge of all reports, ad-hoc request from clients).
- Understand clients’ business, brand and communication objectives and be able to take the media brief and be able to understand media and business objectives
- Understand all key media calculations and terminologies
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of all media and stay abreast of new media formats in the market whilst challenging the norms also introducing new innovative media usage
- Understand the Vietnamese culture and social nuances and apply to planning style whilst looking beyond tools for understanding of audiences
- Attend client meetings with the support of a Manager
- Be able to understand the clients business needs and impact from the competitive category, we able to do in depth understanding of competitor strategy and implementation
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong selling skills; strong numerical intelligence, literacy and accuracy
- Work closely with the Communications Buyer/s to ensure that planning strategies are being translated into tangible buying actions
- Make and maintain good contacts with media owners and creative agencies in order to build media knowledge and maximise delivery of value-add to clients
- Ensure that all relevant tools are used on client’s business (GPS, 3D)
- Prioritize tasks in order of importance
- Ensure work is delivered on time and is of a high standard
- Develop media mix recommendation via sound research, analysis and rationale
- Uses creative media initiatives/ideas to engage consumers
- Transfer the strategy into the concept plan, giving a top-line overview of markets, costs, timings and media used Market Prioritization / Recommend Execution (Length / Size / Format) / Recommend Flighting type (Burst / Continuity) / Recommend Weights (GRPs / R & F / #Insertions / #Impressions / #Sites) /recommend Budget allocation in which CPRP calculated by Buyer
- Be able to deliver Quarterly review, Ad hoc reports, regional templating, market updates and weekly WIP progress report and management of status meetings
- Have a basic media knowledge in order to deliver a proper media proposal/plans/reports/ad-hoc requests to client.
- Have a strong accountability skill in order to independently handle clients and show face with clients.
- Previous work experience ideally in Media with min 2+ years of experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be part of an amazing team
- Ability to be flexible and agile- adaptive to clients and agency needs and requests
- Open mindset with can-do and willing-to-learn attitude.
- University degree or higher.
3 best things about the job
- Be part of one of the most innovative and creative teams delivering inspiring and awesome work for our clients
- Be able to see how the media planning that you do drives a real difference to our clients business.
- Be part of the fastest growing agencies in Vietnam, at the cutting edge of media
Measures of success
In three months
- Be able to move as quickly as the team does learning tools and reporting asap
- Develop client understanding as part of annual strategy
- Be proactive in monthly, quarterly reporting and competitive understanding
- Commence management of the team and day to day tasks with ability to manage and prioritise with accuracy and dedication
In six months
- Be able to lead on all reporting and tool management
- Have developed client understanding enough to take ownership of running media planning aspect for small brand as part of the portfolio
- Have ability to manage and prioritise with accuracy and dedication on day to day task
In 12 months
- Be able to lead on overarching strategy and media planning for 2 small brands on your own, knowing them, their competitive, business context well and able to action accordingly.
- Be a fundamental go to person for the business within MediaCom whilst running accounts with strong reporting and learning skills
- Have ability to manage and prioritise with accuracy and dedication on day-to-day tasks.