- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of culture, social and human sciences or in another related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of culture, of which 2 years acquired at the international level.
Proven experience in designing, implementing policies and programme work plans in the field of Culture.
Experience in developing and maintaining knowledge networks and external partnerships, notably with UN Organizations or international entities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proven fund-raising and resource mobilization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written); with proven ability to draft clearly and concisely and to produce high level quality briefings and other documents.
- Ability to build, maintain and enhance working relations with national/local authorities, cultural institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams and to maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Discretion and maturity of judgement.
- Good IT skills (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
- LANGUAGESVery good knowledge of English and a fair knowledge of French.
- Desirable Qualifications
- Relevant specialized training/certification in the field of Culture.
- Knowledge of UNESCO’s standard-setting instruments and programmes in the field of cultural heritage.
- Familiarity with the political and cultural context of the region.