A. General Description: This position is to provide the best services to customers and to ensure the cargo ship out smoothly
B. Specific Accountabilities
- Receive booking from shippers and send to DBS overseas or update ASBB via Procar (depending on accounts) to get instructions (carrier choice, selling rate, profit share) for nominated shipments. For freehand shipments, check rates with Pricing and shipping instruction from Sales.
- Arrange to book with the chosen routing and carriers, and then release the booking to shippers.
- Prepare daily reports of shipping details, shipping schedule for each shipment or ASBB and send to overseas DBS
- Keep shippers and DBS overseas update about the shipping schedule
- Prepare shipping instructions, and pass to Documentation officer for issuing BL.
- Prepare booking reports and sailing reports
- Gather all LCL bookings
- Coordinate with shippers and DBS overseas to arrange LCL consolidation container
- Arrange booking with carriers
- Adjust the container based on actual cargoes delivered to warehouse, and prepare loading plan instruction to warehouse for stuffing operation
2. Customer service
- Settle claims about cargo delay, loss, missing, damage … from customers and other concerned parties. Make claims about cargo delay, loss, missing, damage … to carriers and other concerned parties
- Solve other arising problems.
- Quickly feedback customers complains, or ask for help from escalated level if the problem is out of control to get customer’s satisfaction
- Report to manager new and lost account
- Keep in contact with customer for their comments to improve the services and give feedback to DBS overseas or Sales team
- Prepare report and KPI monthly for key account when requested
- Support colleagues if having any requirement
Additional tasks for Sales customer service position
- Receive/ monitor shipping instruction from Sales.
- Be a central contact for Collect shipments.
3. Others (if applicable)
- Perform other tasks for key account (Decathlon) when assigned. For example: collect and check documents from suppliers, prepare documents to send to import sides overseas, transfer data in CAPE system…
- Perform Documentation officer’s accountabilities when required (see job description of Documentation Officer for details)
- Carefulness and accuracy
- Empathy and patience
- Self discipline
- Problem solving and pay high attention to customer’s request.
- Collaboration & cooperation
- Self-awareness, flexibility, resilience
- Efficiency in time management
- Customer service skill
- Computer skills
- Fluently and cleverly communication skill, especially in English.
Experience and Qualifications
- University Degree
- Experience in the same industry
- English & Vietnamese communication skills