Student Academic Success (SAS) provides learning support services that promote academic achievement across RMIT Vietnam programs. An important subset of these services involves Peer Assisted Learning (PAL) activities and events.
The PAL Services Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all activities, systems, reporting and student staff involved in the PAL programs. Working in collaboration with the Manager and the Senior Learning Advisors in Student Academic Success, the PAL Services Coordinator ensures the high quality administration and delivery of all PAL programs.
Your Key accountabilities include:
- Organize and oversee recruitment, training, events and systems necessary to the delivery of high quality Peer Assisted Learning programs at RMIT Vietnam.
- Provide mentoring, training and ongoing development opportunities for students participating in Peer Assisted Learning programs at RMIT.
- Supervise work of other SAS staff and students involved in delivery of Peer Assisted Learning program and events. Facilitate direct performance management interventions with students engaged in delivery of PAL services as needed.
- Implement and maintain systems to provide for the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of SAS study support services and initiatives related to Peer Assisted Learning.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree with major relevant to supporting RMIT Vietnam students such as Commerce, Finance, Management, Design, IT, Professional Communications, TESOL/Applied Linguistics, and so forth.
- IELTS 7.0 across all skills (non-native Speaker) or Equivalent.
- Minimum two years previous experience in working with stakeholders to plan and facilitate complex events/services, preferably in an educational context.
- Proven ability to autonomously organize, motivate and lead student volunteers/staff to provide services or facilitate events.
- Experience using data management systems and tools to collect quantitative and qualitative data, monitor activity and report on project progress and outcomes to stakeholders.
- Experience participating in collaborative learning activities as a tutor, mentor or peer leader (preferably as part of Peer Assisted Learning programs, but could be informally as well).
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position, as per the RMIT Behavioural Capability Framework (Connectedness, Commitment to Excellence – Improve and Simplify; Imagination and Innovation; Impact; Inclusion; Agility).
RMIT Vietnam offers you an opportunity to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with talented, creative and committed colleagues.
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package and a range of benefits and services comprising of:
- Monthly base salary starting from VND 20,800,000 gross per month
- Monthly meal allowance 680,000 VND, and clothing allowance 416,000 VND
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave per annum