- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and business initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation in Southeast Asia.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and the USA with regard to potential legal risks in Southeast Asia; ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in region.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other functional groups.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from regulatory issues to expert advice requests.
- Communicate effectively with English speaking clients.
- Liaise with regulators and authorities in Southeast Asia, manage regulatory inquiries and autonomously run matters relating to Google’s products and operations in Southeast Asia. Review proposed/draft legislation and work with our
- Policy team to advocate for improvements to the proposed/draft laws that will support an open online environment.
- Minimum qualifications
- Bachelor’s of Law, Juris Doctor, comparable law degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant advisory and regulatory experience within the intellectual property, media and technology related areas in Indonesia, Vietnam, or another Southeast Asian country.
- Qualification to practice law in Vietnam or Indonesia.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Preferred Qualifications
- In-house experience with a multinational corporation.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and contract drafting skills; exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.