- Actively guide Teaching Assistants with the delivery of classes, workshops and activities within the guidelines
of RMIT English Language Programs.
- Ensure that reports are delivered to students and parents. This will also include calling parents on a regular
basis to inform them of their son or daughter’s progress in class.
- Provide necessary administrative support on materials for all teachers during their working hours.
- Supervise TAs to ensure they come to work on time and support them to handle difficult problems.
- Follow up with all TAs monthly to make sure they fill in all student records.
- Train and advise TAs to ensure they perform their role to the best of their ability. This will include training TAs
in how to communicate professionally with parents.
- Work with the Teen Program Coordinator to monitor teacher feedback on the TAs and to resolve issues as
- Cover for sick or late TAs (as needed).
- Perform administrative duties to support the operations of the office (as needed).
- Represent RMIT in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Provide accurate and full translation of written and spoken information from English to Vietnamese or vice
- Deal with parent or student issues during working hours.
- Make sure students arrive on site and leave the premises in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Manage the online sharing of class video and photos with parents as appropriate.
- Organise the TAs’ schedule and check that their timesheets are accurately completed.
- The TA Supervisors may be asked to complete other tasks assigned by Student Engagement Manager and
Teen Program Coordinator to support the Teen Program at RMIT.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS with a score of at least 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or equivalent.
- Professional experience in supporting teachers’ communication with students.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Have some customer service ability.
- MS office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, gmail).
- Enthusiastic, friendly, approachable, self-motivated, organised.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position, as per the RMIT Behavioural Capability Framework (Connectedness, Commitment to Excellence – Improve and Simplify; Imagination and Innovation; Impact; Inclusion; Agility).
- Monthly base salary: 4,000,000 VND gross per month (and VND 46,000 per extra hour if you work more than 86 hours per month)
- Compulsory insurance as per the Labour Code.