- This role provides remote technical support assistance to clients and IBM technical personnel on multiple products in the high volume through high availability product environments.
- They receive and record incident related information, and using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures, selects appropriate actions to resolve problems, and communicates the solution or action plan to the client or IBM service representative.
- They identify/recommend updates to knowledge based systems and maintenance packages.
- They may also provide hardware or software technical support assistance to clients and IBM personnel in multi-vendor, multi-protocol networks/systems in the high availability product environment.
- They use professional knowledge and problem determination/problem source identification skills to resolve problems involving hardware, microcode, operating system, application programs, and network issues.
- The employee performs multiple repetitive tasks or multi-step processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Environment: Expertise in one main activity (equipment, machine, operation, process steps). Awareness of work done by team members or interrelated activities.
Exchanges job or activity related information through listening, clarification and understanding.
- Problem Solving: Use standard tools, techniques, procedures to identify routine problems, and select appropriate actions to solve problems. Structured analysis and interpretations may be required.
- Performs a variety of assigned tasks and works within well established procedures.
- Work is subject to general review.
- May provide practical assistance.
- Impact on Business/Scope
- Accountable for individual results.
- Work output has immediate affects on work-team or department results.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Technical Skills Required
- Platform/Operating System knowledge of Windows (XP, 7 and Server), MAC, iOS, Android, and Blackberry
- Testing, and troubleshooting skills across the previously mentioned technical domains
- Experience with/exposure to BigFix a plus Operations/Support
- Skills Required
- Previous experience supporting internal or external customers
- The passion and ability to educate and train our customers on their new MDM solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and work with internal development and engineers on behalf of the customers towards issue resolution